Memrise is one of the most popular language learning apps out there. A special feature is that this tool has a large user community with many courses created by learners with very quality content.
What is Memrise?
The platform offers a unique approach to language learning, utilizing gamification techniques, spaced repetition, and multimedia content to help users learn and retain new vocabulary and grammar concepts.
Why should you use Memrise?
This tool is a language learning app that offers courses in various languages, including: Memrise Languages (such as French, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Danish, Arabic, Turkish, Chinese, Russian, Italian, and Mongolian), Memrise English, Memrise Korean, Memrise Spanish. With this tool, you can choose the language you want to learn and start improving your language skills right away.
How to use Memrise?
- The interface of the website and the application is basically quite intuitive. You will know how to use the app in just a few minutes. If you need any help, you can read their FAQ page.
- Many newcomers ask: Is Memrise free? This tool is like other language learning apps, you can sign up for Memrise free to learn. But it will be limited to only allowing you to learn some simple lessons without the advanced ones.
- On the “Courses” page, you can choose your native language and the language you want to learn. The app will then display the relevant courses.
While there are other categories, such as math, The Tool is still primarily a language learning app.
Courses on Memrise
There are two types of courses on this tool:
- Created and managed by This tool
- Developed by a worldwide community of learners
- Courses cover a wide range of topics, some providing basic vocabulary by topic. Some take a different approach, such as “500 Most Common English Words” that gives you conversational and grammar skills from a book of the same name.
- They divide their entire course into several levels. Each level has several mini-lessons based on a variety of topics.
- This tool is a useful platform when you want to focus on learning a specific group of words or phrases, such as the vocabulary of the book you’re reading or your favorite TV show.
Benefit of using Memrise
Personalised learning course
- Practice language used in real-world contexts, based on your interests.
Endless entertainment filtered to your level
- Watch thousands of authentic videos and see the words you’ve just learned used by native speakers.
Unlimited speaking practice (powered by GPT-3)
- Test your new language skills in different scenarios with our AI conversation partner.
Repeat the learned words often
- This tool has two strengths: repeating learned words frequently and using mnemonic techniques. Combining the two methods will help you memorize new words more effectively.
- That’s how our brains work: we need to repeat a few words over and over. And This tool knows it. In terms of mnemonic techniques, this is basically a way to help you quickly learn words by association.
Offers a wide variety of courses, languages and levels
- Besides vocabulary, you can learn many other things from This tool. You can learn multiple languages at the same time at different levels with a variety of topics.
- The web and application interface are both very beautiful. The programs are also based on the principle of “learning by playing” which makes learning very enjoyable.
- You can go from beginner to advanced without using another app. Alternatively, you can also take courses on a specific topic that interests you: travel or business, for example.
- You can also download courses to study offline.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an effective and engaging way to learn a new language, it is definitely worth considering. With its user-friendly interface, diverse content, and gamification features, it offers a unique and enjoyable language learning experience. Overall, Is Memrise good? The answer is a resounding yes. This tool is an excellent language learning tool that can help you achieve your language learning goals.
There are no reviews yet.